From: Freeman Ng (Freeman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-04 04:27:53

I'm trying to get the regex library (Boost ver. 1.34.1) working under Visual
Studio 7.0 and the Windows Mobile 6 SDK, and have run into the following
problems:

1. Need to modify visualc.hpp to define BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE and
BOOST_NO_SWPRINTF.
2. WM6 runtime library doesn't have strxfrm() or wcsxfrm().
3. regex lib makes direct calls to ansi versions of CreateFile(),
LoadLibrary(), FindFirstFile(), and others (i.e. CreateFileA(), etc.) that
don't exist on the WM platform.
4. w32_regex_traits.cpp has a pragma that links directly to a library that
doesn't exist for WM. (user32.lib)

#1 is normal and trivial, of course, but before I tackle #2 and #3 by either
writing my own versions of the missing functions or modifying the regex
source, and #4 by modifying the regex source (which I really hate to do, but
I can't think of any other way around this one) I want to make sure I didn't
miss anything. Is there some combination of #defines or project settings
that should allow the library to build for VS 7 Windows Mobile? Am I about
to do more work than I need to?

Thanks.

Freeman