From: Richard Turrin (richt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-07 16:46:29

Hi,

I might be able to offer something for (b) and (c) below. We're experiencing issues here in our development process, serializing in files using version 1.35 of Boost (retrieved on 18 December, 2007 @ 4:09 pm) that were serialized out with version 1.34.1. We ran a sample test program that crashed when attempting to serialize in from a sample file. There is a zip file containing this program and a sample data file created using version 1.34.1: http://www.toadsoftware.com/boost/TestBoostSerialize.zip.

There is one caveat: In our development process, we are using Visual Studio 2008 with a two-byte alignment setting. We also manually built the Boost library from the SVN Trunk with modified abi prefix and suffix header files to use two-byte packing as well.

Let me know if you need more information. Hope this is useful in some way.

Rich Turrin