From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-09 06:29:02

Joel de Guzman wrote:

>> And finally, every review should answer this question:
>>
>> * Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
>> Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't
>> obscure your overall opinion.
>
> Not at the moment. I think we need a more thorough discussion on
> alternative interfaces. We also need to discuss the issues
> that were raised in the review. I'm eager to hear Steven's
> replies. He seem to be a bit too quiet?
>
> I'm really tempted to say "yes" and let Steven address the concerns
> raised (including mine). I'm very confident in Steven's abilities.
> He's one of those who still gives me the "oooh" feeling with his
> code. And, I really *NEED* such a switch utility now and not later.
>
> So, please take this as a soft "no" vote for now. I encourage
> Steven to get more involved in the discussion and consider
> all the issues raised. As soon as these matters are ironed out,
> fire up another review ASAP.

Oh, perhaps I'd like to ask a review extension. If Steven can
reply to my concerns and is willing to address them, I might
still change my vote to a yes. I really need this facility now!
Bottom line: more discussion please! This is a small library,
yet it is (to me) very important. Let's get the design correct.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com