From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-10 12:56:19

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Tobias Schwinger wrote:
>> Joel de Guzman wrote:

>> Building A on top of B is much worse, and this time we *are* repeating
>> the PP code!
>> A brilliant software architect like you should find this sign alarming
>> enough to take a deep breath and give things another thought.
>
> To be honest, I really don't see your point. I still don't see why
> you'd want to build A on top of B.

(for context: A is the original Steven API, B is my proposed API)

I still don't see why you'd want to build A on top of B but...

Actually... there is a way to do it, and it's very trivial.
If you really want to insist on the big function object, BF, with
all the cases, just do a bind to the same function object BF
for all the cases. The bind is also trivial, it just curries
the N-case argument to make it a nullary (no need for boost.bind).
Simple.

But then again, why do you insist on a big humongous function
object? Modular is better!

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman