From: Lars-Peter Ellekilde (lpe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-15 02:13:26

Hi
I have been trying to use the a* implementation in BGL to do a shortest
path search in en undirected graph. In my application I can not
guarantee that the graph only contains a single connected components,
thus a solution may not always exist. Given a query where start and goal
are in two different components the a* algorithm appears to loop forever.

Is this expected behavior or does it indicate that I might be using it
wrong somehow? If it is expected, what will be the best way to make the
algorithm terminate and indicate there is no solution (perhaps I use the
visitor for this purpose).

Best regards and thanks
- Lars-Peter