From: Chris Miller (lordsauronthegreat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-15 23:53:25

Why on earth I try and support Windows is beyond my comprehension.
It's just something I do.

I'm having some massive difficulties making Boost build with MinGW so
I can start using it from Code::Blocks. I've tried using Boost's
native Jam system, but first I have to build that. And that doesn't
work.

It keeps telling me this:

C:\USERS\LORDSA~1\DESKTOP\BOOSTJAM>build.bat mingw
###
### Using 'msvc' toolset.
###

C:\Users\LORDSA~1\DESKTOP\BOOSTJAM>rd /S /Q bootstrap

C:\Users\LORDSA~1\DESKTOP\BOOSTJAM>md bootstrap

C:\Users\LORDSA~1\DESKTOP\BOOSTJAM>cl /nologo /GZ /Zi /MLd /Fobootstrap/ /Fdboot
strap/ -DNT -DYYDEBUG kernel32.lib advapi32.lib user32.lib /Febootstrap\jam0 co
mmand.c compile.c debug.c execnt.c expand.c filent.c glob.c hash.c hdrmacro.c he
aders.c jam.c jambase.c jamgram.c lists.c make.c make1.c newstr.c option.c outpu
t.c parse.c pathunix.c regexp.c rules.c scan.c search.c subst.c timestamp.c vari
able.c modules.c strings.c filesys.c builtins.c pwd.c class.c w32_getreg.c nativ
e.c modules/set.c modules/path.c modules/regex.c modules/property-set.c modules
/sequence.c modules/order.c
'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\USERS\LORDSA~1\DESKTOP\BOOSTJAM>g++
G++: no input files

C:\USERS\LORDSA~1\DESKTOP\BOOSTJAM>

It keeps trying to use the MSVC toolset, even though I'm telling it not to.

Any help here would be nice!

I'm putting this all into an instruction set for potential programmers
on my project here:

http://www.fsdev.net/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=22&id=code:kw_programming#windows

--
Registered Linux Addict #431495