From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-20 07:00:44

Martin_Thomas_at_[hidden] wrote:
> This will never allow gcc to use wregex even if wchar support is
> available. Is this because there are so few people using Zgcc oin HP-ux
> or am I missing something?

This is because this configuration bug does not affect boost test
results -- check out HP-UX_pa_risc_gcc and HP-UX_ia64_gcc at
<http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html> --
and nobody complained. Quite a few people use gcc on HP-UX, but,
apparently, they do not use wregex.

> On the assumption that it is related to
> usage, I have added the following to allow gcc 4 to use wregex:

> [...]
> #if defined(__GNUC__)
> # if (__GNUC__ >3)

Thanks for tha patch. Is it documented somewhere that wide character
support in gcc is available starting with version 3? Just want to be
sure. I did some google'ing and could not find definitive answer.

Thanks again,
  Boris