From: Jonathan Turkanis (turkanis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-20 18:51:50

Martin de Lasa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know the status of the Boost.Interfaces Library proposed by
> Chris Diggins in 2004?

It was written by me, inspired by an article that Chris wrote in CUJ.

I never officially proposed the library; I just requested comments.
Although there seemed to be quite a bit of interest, I became very busy
and didn't have time to work on it.

However, I'm working on it again now -- as of last week -- and hope to
request comments soon and then to propose it for inclusion.

> I have found a few references to it on the internet, including one on
> the Boost Wiki, but it seems to not have ever made it into the official
> Boost library.

> I am interest in exploring how Aspect-Oriented Programming techniques
> might be incorporate into an existing code-base, and would prefer to use
> a library based solution, rather than a special preprocessor (eg.
> apsectc++). Since Boost has come to the rescue in the past (with elegant
> solutions), in this respect, I thought I would start here.

I don't know a lot about AOP; the support for AOP in the interfaces
library was based on another article by Chris and wasn't very well
developed. I think I want to include pretty comprehensive support, or
none at all, and I haven't decided which yet. Sorry I can't be more
helpful right now.

> Martin

Best Regards,

--