From: eg (egoots_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-21 13:30:20

>> More generally, my feelings after some days diving
>> into the Iostream documentation, is that adding some use cases or examples
>> would be relevant. Your library is very important/great in my sense and I'm
>> sure that I'm not able to embrace all its features up to now, maybe due to
>> the documentation.
>
> That's a reasonable request. However, I did provide a large amount of
> documentation, including a tutorial, user guide, and reference. If
> something is not explained well, it's probably because it seems obvious
> to me, as the library author. So it would be very helpful for you to
> point out areas that need more examples.

Yes, there is quite a bit of good documentation. Thanks for that.

I think a small section in the tutorial (with a simple example) on
implementing symmetric_filters might be useful. I recall this has come
up a few times on the list. It is hard for new users to tease out the
nuances of the iostreams aspects of symmetric_filters by only looking at
the supplied zlib and bzip2 filter implementations.