From: David R. Palmer (dpalmer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-21 18:59:24

John Maddock wrote:
> David R. Palmer wrote:
>
>>> Okay, I downloaded the auto_link.hpp and placed it in the C:\Program
>>> Files\boost\boost_1_34_1\boost\config directory.
>>>
>>> It is still looking for the older version of the libraries. The
>>> libraries have been built and exist, so that isn't the problem.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>>>

> Strange, things to double check:
>
> That auto_link.hpp has the VC9 section:
>
> #elif defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (BOOST_MSVC >= 1500)
> // vc90:
> # define BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET "vc90"
>
> and that the header is actually being included rather than some other
> version (put a #error at the top of the file temporarily).
>
> HTH, John.

Thanks John, I did both, yes my auto_link.hpp is fresh from svn. When I
placed an error message in the top, it came up in the VC build info, so
it was found.

Here is what I put in my user-config.jam file to build;

# MSVC configuration
using msvc : 9.0 : "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0/VC/bin/cl.exe" ;
# C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin

and the libraries got built. Now here for the weird thing; In VC, when I
open the auto_link.hpp file,
#elif defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (BOOST_MSVC == 1310)

   // vc71:
# define BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET "vc71"

#elif defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (BOOST_MSVC >= 1400)

   // vc80:
# define BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET "vc80"

#elif defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (BOOST_MSVC >= 1500)

    // vc90:

# define BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET "vc90"

The line for vc80 is in blue, the lines for vc71 and vc90 are in gray.
Makes me think VC thinks it is vc80. I am sooo rusty, this is probably
meaningful and I am ignorant as to what it means.

Clearly the compiler is vc90 as it is the express edition of 2008.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.
Dave