From: Steven Woody (narkewoody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-22 09:16:17

Hi folks,

I have buit boost in cygwin followed instruction in the boost getting
start documentation. it seemed successful and many libraries (
including dynamic and static ones ) were put into /usr/local/lib. I
then try to compile a very simple example code listed as blow, which
are a copy on the boost documentaion.

#include <boost/regex.hpp>
#include <iostream>
#include <string>

int main()
{
    std::string line;
    boost::regex pat( "^Subject: (Re: |Aw: )*(.*)" );

    while (std::cin)
    {
        std::getline(std::cin, line);
        boost::smatch matches;
        if (boost::regex_match(line, matches, pat))
            std::cout << matches[2] << std::endl;
    }
}

What I did is,
   g++ -I/usr/local/include RegexSample.cpp -o RegexSample
-L/usr/local/lib -lboost_regex

but the resulting RegexSample.exe can not run properly -- it simply
exist with an error code ( 53 ) and do nothing for me.

My question is: is there anything different for Boost on Cygwin? The
procedure I used to buid Boost on Cygwin is provided as below. Please
check it can tell me if there is anything wrong. Thanks!

---------
1, build the bjam using './build.sh gcc' under the tools/jam/src
directory and then copy bjam.exe to a place searchable;
2. 'bjam --builddir=~/tmp --toolset=gcc --layout=system
--without-python install'

--
woody
then sun rose thinly from the sea and the old man could see the other