From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-23 05:58:25

Hello,

I am currently evaluating boost.singleton for our application. I hope it is
not too late to write a review. As I understood from the docs, Singleton
instance is immediately (when all global and static variables are
initilized) created. In our context we need singleton to be created on first
request (as it is described in GoF).

The problem is following: Our application must parse config file which is
accessible after entering main and store the options/parameters parsed in a
singleton class. If I initialize singleton immediately (before entering
main) I can not parse command line options and have to trick around with
some additional functions which do it for me (but a constructor would be a
much better choice, when I try for the first time to access the singleton).

Is that possible with the current implementation? I know I could overload
operator-> and check that options are parsed, but I think this is a not so
obvious scenario for everyone.

With Kind Regards,
Ovanes