From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-24 15:22:19

Hi,

I have a singleton class called InputRegistry. Before the class is used, the
user must call:

InputRegistry::Initialize();

I would like this function to take a parameter that defines the type of a
critical section object, which is unknown at compile time (template). I need
to store this type in my InputRegistry class so that the unknown critical
section type can be constructed later. How can I do this without making
InputRegistry a template class? If I make InputRegistry a template, that
basically means I need to redesign the class, as the singleton pattern would
not apply if it were a template class.

I'm hoping boost can help here. Thanks in advance.