From: Derrick Hathaway (d.hathaway_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-27 02:29:46

I'm running OS X Leopard on an intel Macbook.

I was able to muddle through getting 1.34.1 built universal.

In order to build Boost universal, I followed the instructions

I stumbled upon here:

http://woldlab.caltech.edu/cgi-bin/mussa/wiki/OSXUniversalDependencies

I modified it slightly to build with the OS 10.5 sdk. I have appended

my user-config.jam file.

I am interested in using ASIO, which depends upon

Boost.System. Boost.System is not included in 1.34.1,

but it is included in the ASIO download. I can build and

have built system according to the instructions in the ASIO

README, but these instructions result in an i386 only build.

Any ideas how I can build and install Boost.System universal

with 1.34.1? Or, is there a better way altogether?

Thanks in advance.

Derrick

##### user-config.jam

# Boost.Build Configuration
# Automatically generated by Boost configure

# Compiler configuration
using darwin : 4.0 : g++-4.0 :
  <cflags>"-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch ppc -arch i386"
  <linkflags>"-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch ppc -arch
i386"
;

# Python configuration
using python : 2.4 : /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4 ;
##### end user-config.jam