From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-28 21:15:29

I have sort of a dumb question about this. What would be the motivation for
using Xpressive if its not faster than regex? Putting it another way, I
would have thought that Xpressive would be faster with the cost of more code
being instantiated every time it's invoked. What else is going on here?
Another question: How would using expressive be different than using spirit
with a regular expression grammar?

I have no purpose for asking other than idle curiosity.

Robert Ramey