From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-30 11:44:55

Joaquín, thanks so much for a wonderful library. I was wondering why
there is no constructor that simply takes an allocator. This would
make multi_index behave more like STD Library containers, which would
aid me in allowing flexible storage options for generic algorithms.

Is there a technical hurdle that makes this difficult to do? You
currently provide:

explicit multi_index_container(
    const ctor_args_list& args_list=ctor_args_list(),
    const allocator_type& al=allocator_type());

template<typename InputIterator>
multi_index_container(
    InputIterator first,InputIterator last,
    const ctor_args_list& args_list=ctor_args_list(),
    const allocator_type& al=allocator_type());

Is it possible to also provide:

explicit multi_index_container(
    const allocator_type& al=allocator_type());

?

Thanks again!

--Michael Fawcett