From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-30 15:22:50

On Jan 30, 2008 3:06 PM, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Umm... Well, there's a theoretic possibility that we hit
> ambiguity:
>
> set(const Compare&=Compare(),const Allocator&=Allocator());
> set(const Allocator&);

That explains it perfectly, thanks.

> I'm holding your proposal in my todo list, but I have to think
> it over a bit.

I trust you'll come to the best decision. Really it comes down to
what customization point is more often used (since the interface will
favor that), and that is invariably the compare parameter. My
original suggestion should probably be ignored in favor of keeping
with the set interface.

As an aside, does Boost.MultiIndex model any existing Boost concepts
(e.g. AssociativeContainer)?

http://www.boost.org/libs/concept_check/reference.htm#container-concepts

I found some documentation here (
http://www.boost.org/libs/multi_index/doc/tutorial/techniques.html#emulate_std_containers
) , that hints it might, but no explicit mention of modeling Concepts.

--Michael Fawcett