From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-31 04:07:51

Robert Fairlie-Cuninghame wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently applied the Boost.Function critical bug fix (Dec 17) to my
> boost 1.34.1 library and I came up against a compilation error.
> However,
> I found that if I removed the boost/tr1/tr1 include path when building
> then the fixed library would compile correctly.
>
> Has anyone got the fix to work with the TR1 include paths? I haven't
> see any other reports of problems with it.
>
> I'm using gcc 3.3.5. The first compile error is a suspicious
> BOOST_FUNCTION_NUM_ARGS redefinition by the TR1 headers. The
> compile output was as follows:

If you look at the error trace below you'll see that both definitions are
inside Boost.Function: TR1 doesn't mess around with that.

Other than that, the only suggestion I have is to use the 1.35 release
branch from SVN: we know our regression tests are passing with that
combination of components.

Unless someone who understands what Boost.Function is doing can comment?

HTH, John.