From: Scott Meyers (usenet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-31 17:57:39

At BoostCon 2007, I was told that the functionality of Boost.Lambda was
essentially present via Phoenix in Boost.Spirit. From what I can tell, both
Lambda and Spirit/Phoenix will be present in 1.35, leading me to wonder what
advice to give people who are interested in experimenting with the use of lambda
functions in Boost. Are people to be encouraged to use Phoenix over Lambda, or
are there features in Lambda that Phoenix doesn't have?

I'll be giving an overview of some Boost libraries at the Software Development
conference in March, and I'll be showing some examples of Lambda. If I should
be telling people to use Phoenix for future work, I'd like to know that.

Thanks,

Scott