From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-06 07:07:05

Rob Desbois wrote:

> I need to compile Boost for an embedded target running GNU/Linux on an ARM CPU.
> The toolchain for this is proprietary, compiler executable names are
> like "arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++".
>
> I'm having trouble compiling with this toolchain though - I can't
> figure out (even with the documentation) what I'm doing wrong, but
> AFAICT Boost.Build keeps using my default gcc toolchain.
> In case it's relevant I'm on Cygwin using a self-compiled bjam
> executable, Boost is v1.34.1
>
> My user-config.jam looks like this:
> <<<<<<<<<<
> # Compiler configuration
> # using gcc ;
> using gcc : : arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc ;
> using g++ : : arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ ;

[generally, boost.build questions are better asked
a boost-build_at_[hidden] mailing list]

Are you 100% sure you've placed user-config.jam in a location that
Boost.Build looks in? You can use --debug-configuration option
to print the location of user-config.jam that is actually loaded.

Also, the above is not fully correct, per documentation you should have:

        using gcc : : arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ ;

If you use:

        using g++ : .......

you should see an error, and if you don't see it it really means
some other user-config.jam is loaded.

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus