From: Jonathan Turkanis (turkanis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-06 22:54:57

Stefan Arentz wrote:
> I've written a really simple aggregate_filter that runs the world
> famous and highly secret ROT13 encryption. This filter works fine when
> I use a file_sink and file_source. But I really just want to run this
> on a bunch of string buffers. Unfortunately it does not work, the
> destination string is always empty. Does anyone understand why?

This is the same problem discussed in your other thread 'Another
desperate ...'. It can be solved the same way, using reset() or pop().

I guess this would be a good place to ask: As a newcomer to the
iostreams library, would you be surprised if

        copy(in, out)

where in and out are filter chains, automatically popped both chains,
assuming this behavior was clearly documented?

--
Jonathan Turkanis
CodeRage