From: Michael Albert (m_albert137_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-10 18:25:05

Greetings!

I would like to use boost::date_time to convert between U.S. time
zones and GMT, with dates spanning the year-2007 change of rules.

There is a "custom time zone", but that takes a Posix string which,
if I understand correctly, can't handle both pre- and post-2007 simultaneously.

I did see a dst_calc_engine, but there doesn't seem to be a way to connect
that to a dst_day_calc_rule, at least not a method standardized in the library.

Am I missing something? I guess I could just derive from dst_day_class_rule
and override the start_rule_as_string() and stop_rule_as_string() to be
something "random"?

Thank you in advance. The Boost libraries really are wonderful. (Although
I guess us users tend to only write when we hit a wall :-)).

Thanks!
-Mike