From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-11 11:15:32

on Sat Feb 09 2008, "Robert Dailey" <rcdailey-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2008 9:06 AM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> You can always link your DLL extension module
> directly to your application as well as letting Python load it.
>

> Explain please. Also, I don't want to use a DLL, as I already
> mentioned.

It doesn't seem like an explanation would be worth much if your desire
to avoid a DLL isn't based on your state-sharing needs (as you implied
it was in your first posting).

> I want there to be my python scripts and my game executable, that's
> it. I don't want a DLL and a game executable. I want this to remain
> simple. As I originally asked, is there a way to do this? Do I load my
> exe as a pyd module or what?

In my original reply I referred you to
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html where "embedding" is
described. If that doesn't tell you what you need to know, please ask a
more detailed question so I know how to help you.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting