From: Naik, Roshan (roshan.naik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-12 21:19:35

> One criticism I have is the
> overloading of the logical or/and operators, which will
> create confusion in people reading code that uses Castor.
> The logical operators have very precise and well-understood
> meaning for any C/C++ programmer, and what Castor uses them
> for definitely isn't it. I know some other people have very
> liberal views about operator overloading, but they're just wrong :)

Lets put it like this:

 eq(x,"logical operators have very precise meaning")
  && eq(y, "it is well-understood meaning for any C/C++ programmer")
  && eq(z, "what Castor uses them for definitely isn't it")

"Logic"ally you stated : x && y && z.
These logical operators are used logically. :)

> Also, the relation class seems to be a bit nebulous, as in it
> seems to embody multiple ideas. It's a fact, it's a
> collection of facts, or maybe it's a rule too. This
> criticism may not be well founded though, as I said before
> I'm not speaking from any experience with logic programming here.

In LP the term "relation" is essentially "some set of information". Wether the information
is made up of facts, rules, facts+rules or is empty or infinite it doesn't matter.
The class relation in Castor is smiply a way to carry this information around and put it to use.