From: mbn (anonymoususr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-15 21:46:53

Hi,

Maybe this is an old topic but I can't find related answers.

I have some data containing certain "entities" related to others by one or
more attributes. For example, Alice's cat may be connected to Bob's dog
because both are named "Bill". Also, they can be connected because they live
in the same county. Furthermore, Bob's dog can be connected to Chuck's bird
because they are of the same color

Something like this:

(A'sC)--------------(B'sD)-----------------(C'sB)
         Name=Bill Color=Beige
        County=CD

The issue is, the attributes connecting entities can be hundreds or even
thousands, so creating a graphviz file showing all those connecting
attributes in the edges will result in a mess. Instead, I would like to
create an application such that only the vertices (with a label inside) and
the edges (without nothing) are initially shown, and when the user double
clicks on a specific edge then some window can appear showing all the
attributes causing X and Y to be connected in the graph.

I know I can create the graphs using BGL, but once I have the graphs I do
not know what library to use in order to visualize it

Can somebody help? Perhaps there is a different/better way of doing the same
with a different tool like GraphML + Some Visualization program?

Thanks,

Mark