From: Klett, Stefan (stefan.klett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-18 03:51:47

Hi fellow list subscribers,

The last days I have been busy to build a build-environment for a
library project with boost build - I am new to boost and have no
previous experience with boost build - what may account for the
following problems I ran into
 The proposed structure of the library project is like this:

Project-root
     | \ \ \
Include src doc examples
                         / |
                testcase1 testcase2 ...

Now I need some help to make bjam perform the following tasks:

1) build the library (this one works already)
2) generate a doxygen based documentation out of the the *.cpp files in
src
3) build the testcases in the "testcaseX" directories

For the time being I'm lacking the knowledge how to build targets (the
above tasks separately - I tried to use the "explicit" keyword but it
seems that missed something - bjam works trough all targets given in the
Jamroot file which I placed in the "project-root" directory - could
somebody please give me an example how to use targets and "explicit"
correctly

Further I need an hands on example how to get along with the doxygen
documentation - my efforts up to now look like this - but this actually
seems to do nothing at all

Import doxygen : doxygen ;
doxygen.doxygen doc
  : geneva
  : [ glob include/*.h ]
  #: requirements <include>include
  :
;

The Question is : how do I extract the information from the files in src
and write the doxy docu to doc ?

And last but not least : how is the correct syntax for building sources
in subdirectories - where have I to put the Jamfiles and how to I tell
bjam to look for them ?

Many Thanks in advance
Best regards
Stefan

Stefan Klett (Dipl. Informatiker) | E-mail: stefan.klett_at_[hidden]
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe / KIT | Web: http://www.fzk.de
SCC Steinbuch Centre for Computing| Phone: +49 (0)7247 828649
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1 | Fax: +49 (0)7247 824972
D-76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen | Mobile: +49 (0)176 20317250