From: Gonzalo Garramuño (ggarra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-22 21:13:25

I'm trying to have several threads synced with a boost::barrier. But
I'm finding its design very limiting (or, more likely, my understanding
of its use is too poor).

I want to have a barrier created dynamically (based on some parameters
that determine how many threads run).

And I also want to be able to delete the barrier at any point in time
(from a thread that does not wait on the barrier).

I expect this to force all threads that are waiting on the barrier to
continue (ie. send a notify_all).

However, boost::barrier's destructor just does nothing, so I get a hang.
  What's the right way to achieve this?

PS. On a separate note... is there any reason why all of boost
primitives have their variables private? I really would find it pretty
useful to sometimes be able to query, for example, the lock count of
some objects.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra_at_[hidden]