From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-26 04:28:28

I have an application which needs to communicate with several other
applications on the same machine. I thought to use message queues but
quickly ran into a problem: Either I create as many threads as there are
message queues which all block and wait for incoming data or I constantly
poll all message queues. The later should be easily possible with
try_receive(). However it doesn't sound like a good idea to poll
continuously? And I assume integrating the message queue somehow into
Boost.Asio is not something easily possible? Thus for many-to-many
communication shared memory is probably the way to go?

Boris