From: Abhishek Padmanabh (abhishek_padmanabh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-28 12:53:18

Initialization of an unsigned int by a negative number (-1 here which would
be std::numeric_limits<unsigned int>::max()) is allowed by the standards.
The integral conversion works alright. An example from the standards itself
is std::string::npos. So, I think it is okay that an exception isn't thrown.

Thanks and regards,

Abhishek Padmanabh