From: Eames, Andrew (andrew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-19 09:09:50

The answer is maybe :) - It really depends on how compliant your
compiler is and what features of boost you want to use. I just started
the process of migrating a lot of our embedded code to using boost
(1.34) a few months ago with a fair amount of success. We don't use
exceptions or RTTI - I needed to make some minor changes to a couple of
boost headers in order to get them to compile under this configuration.
We don't currently use a huge amount of boost functionality and I know
that some features of boost do require RTTI.
  Our embedded C++ compiler appears to be pretty compliant in its
language and template support which helps a lot. Some embedded compilers
may be lacking in this respect
  Andrew