From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-20 02:13:45

I'm not sure from the title of the post what the question is.

Never-the-less, I'll provide an answer.

Up until now, there have problems when serialization
code was spread accross and/or repeated in distinct
runtime modules. Also, there was a problem when
serialization was invoked simultaneously from different
threads. Both these problems are related to the fact that the
library has to keep a table of which types have the
serialization code loaded.

This has now been addressed in the recently
checked in version in the trunk. Serialization code
can be in dlls. Also code can be repeated
accross DLLs. Personally, I would prefer to
organize my code so that this doesn't happen but
apparently some people found this inconvenient.

I have tested this by hand with my VC 7.1
system. The tests consist of making separate
DLLS and running the executable all from the
same directory. I have been unable to figure
out how to do such a thing with bjam so as
far as linux is concerned its untested.

Robert Ramey