From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-21 13:15:31

Note that results should be the same with all types of archives. This is a fundamental goal of the library. So if you can make an example which fails with binary archive but passes with another one - that would be of interest.

Robert Ramey
  "Jerry" <jerry_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:1c7c01c88b5b$ac00fd90$0565a8c0_at_p424...
  Is there a direct way to check if a class is registered correctly? And why would this differ when using binary/XML mediums?

  My binary serialization problem persists (sorry!) when using fast_binary_archive though the same works when using the XML serializer.

  Also I thought I'd try and see what happens when using an archive implemented from scratch according to the boost docs. Is the implementation section of the archive class reference up to date with 1.34.1 ? I was getting hard to decipher template error messages using VC++ 7.1 SP1.

  Thanks.