From: Richard Webb (richard.webb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-21 15:29:20

Kevin Scarr <kscarr <at> iinet.net.au> writes:

> My code compiles, and appears to work fine, however, I am always nervous
> about these kinds of warnings because I suspect there is something
> waiting to bite me. I guess I am concerned as to what in my code is
> causing the compiler to want to generate assignment operators.
>
> Are these warnings symptomatic of a basic mistake I am making? I know
> that you can't see the code, so this is only a general question. If
> people think this might be a real problem, I am happy to try to make a
> small code snippet to illustrate the problem.

The ASIO warning you're seeing is because the struct in question (auto_work) has
a reference as a member.
VC8/9 produce loads of similar warnings on Boost code. They cause a lot of
noise, but don't seem to cause any real problems.

I've raised some of the variant warnings @
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1507.
I've got a list of some ASIO warnings produced when running the regression tests
with VC8/W4 that i havent got round to raising yet. I'll do that now while i
think about it.

Thanks,
Richard Webb