From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-22 11:29:28

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> AMDG
>
> Robert Dailey wrote:
> > Will the plain_return_type_2 specialization also work for classes
> > derived from Stream? Or do I need to specialize that structure for
> > each and every single class, regardless of inheritance? Thanks.
>
> Yes, you would need to specialize for every derived class.
> The other alternative is to use an explicit return type.
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/lambda/le_in_details.html#lambda.overriding_deduced_return_type

How about Boost.Bind? Could I use it to bind my operator? I would also
expect it to choose the correct overload of the stream operator depending on
the type of _1. I have not used Bind like this before, so I'm not sure if it
is capable. If all else fails you've given me 2 alternatives concerning
Boost.Lambda, so I could always go with that.

Thanks for all the help.