From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-23 16:20:08

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:13:52 -0800, Robert Ramey wrote:

> Sohail Somani wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 14:33:40 +0000, Jerry wrote:
>
>> One thing I really like about the serialization library is that there
>> are lots of asserts with lots of comments telling you what went wrong
>> and how to fix it. Perhaps a gentle reminder about the header-order
>> issue would have been appropriate.
>
> If we can fix the problem - then there will be no issue here.

Yep, that's why I said "would have been appropriate" as it should not be
necessary anymore.

>> The development version of Boost is supposed to have removed the need
>> for header ordering but I think the kinks are still being worked out:
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/172425
>
> Exactly - so at this point, this has to be considered a bug - fixes
> welcome.

Indeed. I would say this is a blocking issue for this compiler and the
serialization library. I think a lot of people rely on export.hpp working
properly. Just MHO of course ;-)

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com