From: eg (egoots_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-25 12:56:32

Andreas Profous wrote:

> As I understand it I have to rebuild boost.iostreams with zlib support:
> C:\boost\boost_1_34_1\libs\iostreams\build>bjam
> "-sNO_COMPRESSION=0"
> "-sNO_ZLIB=0"
> "-sZLIB_SOURCE=C:\Libs\zlib123"
> "-sZLIB_LIBPATH=C:\Libs\zlib123\dll32"
> "-sZLIB_BINARY=zlibwapi.dll"
>
> I tried this and that but to be honest I don't really know what I'm
> doing and it didn't work.

When I did it, I found that I ONLY set the zlib path environment
variables... zlib_libpath, zlib_source, and zlib_include. In fact, I
just set them as explicit environment variables and then called bjam
with the correct toolset.

I did not do anything with no_zlib or no_compression or zlib_binary
(IIRC they caused me problems).

You could try that and see if it works for you.