From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-26 22:38:30

Derrick Hathaway wrote:

> First of all, do I need to find a mentor who has already been accepted
> into the program before I apply?

No. We, meaning the mentors, end up deciding who will be mentoring whom
as is needed after we figure out which students we'll be accepting.
Although given the nature of some of the projects it's obvious who will
mentoring them.

> Or, is that part of the deciding
> factor for being accepted (wether or not there is a mentor for the
> proposed project)?

We try not to make it a deciding factor. But it has happened in the past
that we got really good applications, and had to decline them anyway
because we just didn't have, even after attempting some recruiting, a
mentor that could manage the project.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything