From: Mark Williams (mark_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-27 13:25:26

> $python
> *Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: ./myClass.so: undefined symbol:
> PyUnicodeUCS4_FromEncodedObject*

It's possible to configure python at build time to use either 2- or
4-byte wide Unicode characters. Whenever I've encountered this error
it's due to either compiling. or linking, my module against an
installation of Python which has been configured differently. It's also
possible that this occurred whilst building boost.python. If you're
importing your module into an application with embedded Python you
should also make sure that your Python Unicode configuration is
consistent with that application's.

Cheers,
Mark