From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-28 16:11:23

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:02:11 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:

> on Fri Mar 28 2008, Sohail Somani
> <sohail-Jk4wshXjlOsFFmt/ZbAu/w-AT-public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1711
>> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1725
>>
>> At least the tests should be updated to show proper workarounds if a
>> new feature doesn't work properly across popular compilers (1711). I am
>> not using the bleeding edge (g++ 4.1 - bleeding is 4.3?).
[snip]

> He did? I didn't get any private email about it and haven't been able
> to keep up with this list for the last few weeks.

I think it was a mailing list ping so it could have gotten lost. Anyway,
now it is found! I would appreciate your comments on 1711 if you have
some time. I think I am CC'ed on the ticket so if there are tests you
want me to try, feel free to add them there. I futzed around a bit to try
to determine exactly when the problem happens but didn't figure out why.

As for the second (examples not compiling), I think you are correct that
it is a Jamfile problem. Not a showstopper by any means. And it seems to
be fixed in trunk.

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com