From: Alex Idar (alex.idar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 18:03:16

Sohail Somani <sohail_at_...> writes:

> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:41:16 -0700, Alex Idar wrote:
>
> > I am looking for ideas about automatically generating the serialization
> > helpers. Boost serialization library would be used - the question is
> > about a simple (hopefully) and foolproof way of automatically creating
> > the helpers.

Thank you. This is an interesting idea - I'll have to look a bit at the Boost
preprocessor then.

I'm wondering, have you have already covered all situations? The example gives
a good starting point, but I'm thinking of having support for:

1) Serialization of the base classes
2) Case when the data member is a pointer to a base class - talking about
registration like ar.register_type(...)

Let me know if you dealt with the above points as well - I'll have to think
myself how to add support for these cases. The devil is in the details...

Would be nice to solve the points above - and maybe bring the syntax closer to
what varaible declarations look like.

Thanks,
Alex