From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-02 14:26:28

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:06:57 +0200, Boris <boriss_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]I wonder if I missed anything? Is this the cheap, simple and
> efficient
> solution for literal strings in templates Alf was looking for in his
> thread on Usenet? Or is there an implicit requirement about encoding
> which
> I currently don't see and which makes code like above a bad idea?

I've been looking around at Boost to find libraries where the designers
faced similar problems and found Boost.Program_options. There is a webpage
about Unicode support at
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/doc/html/program_options/design.html.
Having read the discussion it seems like that it might be better to
convert strings to an internal string type (in a JSON parser) instead of
relying on Boost.Spirit somehow magically working with any string type
provided by the user?

Boris