From: Sean Farrow (sean.farrow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-04 03:25:24

Hi:
Ok, when trying ot compile boost with the activestate python
distributing installed I geg several errors from bjam:
I am attaching the output below, aditionally where do I specify the
expat directories? And what do I need to use mpi?
The commandlin I use was:
Bjam --build-type =complete
Tool output:
 warning: Graph library does not contain optional GraphML reader.
note: to enable GraphML support, set EXPAT_INCLUDE and EXPAT_LIBPATH to
the
note: directories containing the Expat headers and libraries,
respectively.
warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(don't panic: this is a strictly optional feature).
warning: No toolsets are configured.
warning: Configuring default toolset "msvc".
warning: If the default is wrong, your build may not work correctly.
warning: Use the "--toolset=xxxxx" option to override our guess.
warning: For more configuration options, please consult
warning:
http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/configuration.html
C:/Program Files/boost/tools/build/v2/util\utility.jam:17: in
utility.ungrist from module utility
error: in ungrist <>
error: <> is not of the form <.*>
C:/Program Files/boost/tools/build/v2/build\property.jam:264: in
validate1 from module property
C:/Program Files/boost/tools/build/v2/build\property.jam:294: in
property.validate from module property
C:/Program Files/boost/tools/build/v2/build\build-request.jam:193: in
convert-command-line-element from module build-request
C:/Program Files/boost/tools/build/v2/build\build-request.jam:148: in
build-request.from-command-line from module build-request
C:/Program Files/boost/tools/build/v2\build-system.jam:554: in load from
module build-system
C:\Program Files\boost\tools\build\v2/kernel\modules.jam:267: in import
from module modules
C:\Program Files\boost\tools\build\v2/kernel/bootstrap.jam:132: in
boost-build from module
C:\Program Files\boost\boost-build.jam:11: in module scope from module
Regards and any help apreciated.
Sean.