From: Rainer Thaden (RThaden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-06 14:06:51

Hi,

> But when I try to link the regex example, visual studio looks for
> 'libboost-regex...'
> but the file produced for that file is 'boost-regex...' without the lib
> prefix.
> I don't know if this is a boost problem or a visual studio configuration
> problem.
> Anyway, do you know how can I solve this problem and link libraries with
> visual studio?

The files with "lib" prefix are static libraries whereas the ones
without "lib" are used for dynamic linking (DLLs).
First decide, what you want to use, then build the appropriate files.
with bjam use the option link=static or link=shared.

Have a look at
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/tips/Building_boost_libraries.aspx
That may help you.

Regards,