From: Markus Svilans (msvilans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-06 15:25:38

Germán Diago wrote:

> The files with "lib" prefix are static libraries whereas the ones
> without "lib" are used for dynamic linking (DLLs).
> First decide, what you want to use, then build the appropriate files.
> with bjam use the option link=static or link=shared.
>
> Have a look at
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/tips/Building_boost_libraries.aspx
> That may help you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer
>

> I compiled and linked corectly a build. But now, it tells me it
> doesn't find the dll when it runs. Is this a similar problem
> to that of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in linux? And, how can I build several
> targets at once? Because I don't have debug versions
> of my libraries.
> Can I do like this? bjam --toolset=msvc variant=release variant=debug

Hi Germán,

If your DLLs are being created correctly, then I think you should check
to make sure the DLLs exist in the same directory as your executable, or
that they are in one of the directories accessible system-wide (e.g.
C:\Windows\System or C:\Windows\System32). Usually it is simple enough
to just copy the DLLs into your executable directory.

Regards,
Markus.