From: Andre Massing (massing_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-07 08:57:03

Hi again,

On Monday, 7. April 2008 12:26:18 Andreas Huber wrote:
> > Hmm, sorry, but this point is still not clear to me. Using this pattern,
> > what keeps the client from directly using a public transit function in
> > the fsm?
>
> The fact that transition actions are members of simple_state<> subclasses.

I see, that's the point. When I posted my question I had the second example of
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/statechart/doc/tutorial.html#TransitionActions
in mind, where the transition function DisplayFocused is a public method of
the struct Camera sc: state_machine< Camera, NotShooting > . But introducing
an outermost context (say Active :-)) which all substates have in common and
moving state_machine transit functions there should be the right approach,
shouldn't be?

Thanks for your help and the detailed explanation!
Regards,
Andre