From: boost_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-04-12 17:14:20

WinXP, Visual Studio 2003

I have a dialog based application which consists of the main thread
and a data collection thread. The main thread updates a graph from
data read by the data collection thread. I want to use an object,
which is of type MyData to share the data between the threads. So ,
basically the data collection thread which collects data from a piece
of hardware and places it in the MyData object, then the main thread
reads from the MyData object and updates the graph.

After reading a bit on shared memory, managed mapped memory etc. in
Boost, I am a bit confused on how to do this.

What is the best boost classes to use for this? Will I also need a
sync object to synchronize the threads?

Thanks,
Ed