From: Dan Thill (dgt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-13 19:04:35

> Yes, but if your linker throws away the code, then there is no point.

Indeed. I thought voodoo to somehow prevent this, however :)

> Do you mean compile-time or link-time? Anyway, I think the only reason
> 1.34 worked for you is because you had BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT in the header
> files. Otherwise I would have expected the same thing to happen.

Compile time. Particularly, a socket client (using ASIO) which
serializes many objects. When working on the communications client,
each compile would take forever because of all the template
instantiations of the serialized classes.

Thanks for helping clear all this up for me.

-Dan