From: Markus Svilans (msvilans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-14 19:19:15

Dear mailing list,

I am having some trouble building Boost 1.35.0, using gcc mingw 3.4.5.

When building the serialization library, I get the following error
message on many of the files:
"wide char i/o not supported on this platform"

The bjam command line I used is:
bjam --build-dir="C:\boost_1_35_0\built" --toolset=gcc --with-serialization

I've looked through some of the Boost configuration header files, and it
seems that the BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF value is not being #defined. (I
was under the impression that gcc mingw 3.4.5 supports wide character
i/o, is this correct?)

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution to getting
serialization to build properly using my gcc compiler?

Thanks very much,
Markus.