From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-18 04:36:47

Larry wrote:
> I built 1.35 on Windows XP using MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 using
>
> bjam --toolset=msvc-7.1 install
>
> No errors in the build.
>
> Including <boost/regex.hpp> in a cpp file compiles OK using IDE but
> the link fails missing libboost_regex-vc71-mt-gd-1_35.lib and the lib
> is not present in the "install" lib directory. The project is being
> built with compiler option /MDd. Is this a Boost build failure or
> should I have specified something else to get the lib created or to
> use a different lib? Anyone know?

Sigh, I really wish we hadn't made that change, but now bjam only builds a
dll-release variant by default, which isn't much use when using MSVC in
debug mode :-(

Use: bjam --build-type=complete install toolset=msvc

To build all the possible variants.

bjam --help

Will give you a full list of available options.

John.