From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-21 03:59:27

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 01:36:41AM +0000, 7stud wrote:
> Jens Seidel <jensseidel <at> users.sf.net> writes:
> > It works for me. Please check that you use indeed a C++ compiler not a C
> > one.
>
> Are you using Xcode?

Of course not! Please always restrict to free tools every person has
access to. Xcode is probably not free otherwise I would find it in my
Linux distribution.

That's also the reason why you should always, again, always, start from
the command line to understand the basic problems. Any kind of GUI
(graphical environment) is an additional layer which requires that
you have knowledge of the previous ones. Calling a compiler from the
command line is the most basic stuff every coder has to know. Really.

> I can't find a setting in Xcode for the compiler.

This doesn't matter. Any GUI related question should not be asked on
this list. Can you again post your code together with the first (let's
say 30) error lines? If it doesn't work it is maybe because the C++
compiler isn't properly installed?

Please try also other examples of using boost. Sometimes a specific
example of the Boost library is just faulty, yep, this happens. (In this
case you shouldreport it, so that it can be fixed.)

Jens